And just when I thought the major problems with paperwork were over. I found out just yesterday that my visa, which was supposed to arrive last week, still hasn't shipped from the consulate. Now, I'm trying to devise a plan for getting through to the visa section of the consulate to request that it be sent soon (I leave in a week). But, as my good teacher training tells me, it's always good to have a plan B. If worse comes to worse, I will buy a new ticket using my friend's credit card to stall some more time until it gets here. If things really get worse and that is no longer an option, looks like I'm headed back to Utah to live in my car until I can find a job and move into an apartment. After this past week, I've decided Colorado is not where I need to be right now. I've missed my family and friends, but being here has triggered old behaviors and attitudes in me that I don't like, and I'm not ready to face a lot of those problems without some more alone time to develop more of the behaviors and attitudes I do like.
That's a tangent. Anyway, due to all the visa problems, I couldn't sleep well last night. I passed out after having a good cry, only to wake up again at one in the morning. In addition to hearing odd sounds in my parent's house (which I swear is haunted now), I rolled around for a while, and then at two decided to get up and organize the chaos I've been living in since last Saturday. I worked until five in the morning going through my boxes of junk and getting a lot of things put away. I fell back asleep once I wore myself out, and woke up at eight thirty to get ready for church.
The most awkward thing about going back home is not remembering people's names. Out and about driving, I'm totally fine. I remember exactly where everything is, but I run into some people at church, and I cannot remember their names for the life of me. I was, however, surprised to see a girl that I went to high school with at my old ward. From what I knew of her in high school, she was a pretty troubled girl. In one of my most shining moments (too bad there haven't been more of them), I defended her in front of a group of other girls who were talking trash about her. It's good to see her happier now. I was glad she's finally found some peace.
Well, that's all I got for now. I'm headed back to my daddy-daughter Seinfeld marathon, complete with Junior Mints. "It's refreshing!"
Sunday, September 13, 2009
Stalling time and Last Minute Monkey Wrenches
Labels:
church,
French Consulate,
home again,
late night,
life,
reunions,
visa
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
My husband and I are hoping to go to France next summer, so I'm going to follow your blog if you don't mind. Hope everything gets worked out soon! Take care!
ReplyDelete